Friday, September 4, 2015

Indian Gem in Michigan City

It took a banker asking Ginger and I how long we were married for us deduce we both forgot about our wedding anniversary. We made up for our error by lunching at India House in Michigan City. It was love at first bite. We were so inspired that we wrote our second ever yelp (and Google) review. 

We seldom write reviews -- this is our second one ever -- but my wife and I immediately looked at each other during our meal and said we should write a review. We love Indian food, and had gone to India House for our wedding anniversary meal. So we feel like we know our Indian food. 

Ever taste a watered down Indian dish? Not in India House. The food was creamy and tasty. The selection was more varied than most Indian buffets. There were the exceptional samosas, the best pakora we ever had, chicken tikka masala, butter chicken as well as a great assortment for vegetarians: Dal Makhni (lentils), saag paneer (spinach), channa masala (chick peas), punjabi bhaji (veggie fritters) and aloo gobi (cauliflower and potatoes). Also: fresh naan made to order, either plain or garlic, which is an offering unique to this buffet.  The majority of patrons at India House were Indian, which is always a good sign.  The food may be a little Americanized because the heat is toned down, but it has plenty of flavor.  A bit less salty, and the food would have been perfect -- we were gulping water the rest of the day, but it was worth it.

Please patronize this restaurant to keep it in business. Indian restaurants are so few in Northwest Indiana.


The yelp review is here. The first-ever, overwhelmingly less positive yelp review is here.

So for the three of you who follow this blog, we command you to try out this restaurant. You might see us there, celebrating our next wedding anniversary!

3 comments:

hbelzowski said...

You have inspired me to ask Keith to take me there for a date night : ) I have never eaten at an indian restaurant, but you made it sound so good that now I know that I must do it ; )

hbelzowski said...

Also, I couldn't find the yelp review from the link you added.

Ken, Ginger, Aidan and Aubrie said...

We returned the restaurant soon after and I was a bit less impressed. I hate complaining, but because the quality of your date depends on my recommendation, I have to be totally truthful.

Go. If it's good, give me all the credit. If it's bad, give me the credit for warning you.

Here was the link to our review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/india-house-restaurant-michigan-city?hrid=MCorikeXb5znNzVwn73uJQ


Spring's Back